ACUPUNCTURE FOR WOMEN'S HEALTH
Acupuncture is a medical treatment focused on using needles to correct imbalances of energy in the body. From its inception in China more than 2,500 years ago, acupuncture has been used to prevent, diagnose and treat disease, as well as to improve general health. Acupuncture is especially beneficial for women’s health issues, including gynecological disorders.
The traditional explanation for acupuncture’s effectiveness is that it modi es the ow of energy (known as Qi) throughout the body. Much research
in the West has focused on the pain-relieving effects of acupuncture,
rather than it’s traditional role of balancing energy to address a wide
range of disorders, and I believe that these more subtle mechanisms are likely responsible for its overall benefits to health. Because the goal of acupuncture is to promote and restore the balance of Qi throughout the body, I find it to be useful in treating a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Gynecologic disorders – PMS, painful periods and infertility
- Emotional disorders – depression and anxiety
- Digestive complaints – nausea and bloating
- Pain syndromes — due to injury chronic degenerative diseases
- Neurological problems — migraine and tremor
- Respiratory conditions — sinusitis and asthma
- Reducing fatigue and addictions
- Promoting overall well-being.
Acupuncture is also wonderful way to take time out for yourself and relax in a quiet, comfortable room. Everyone can benefit from that!
To learn more about the benefits of acupuncture for women’s health issues, please contact Lisa Brent, ND, LAc at Be Well Natural Medicine.